SUSE Manager/Register RedHat traditional clients
Traditionally managed clients (rhn stack)
In order to register RedHat (traditional/RHN clients) the following steps are necessary. These instructions are for RHEL 7, but can be adjusted/repeated to accommodate RHEL 6.
1. Be sure to copy any and all relevant GPG keys to /srv/www/htdocs/pub. This includes the Spacewalk key, SUSE keys and the Red Hat keys. By copying them there, you can reference them in a comma-delimited list in your bootstrap script (see example below)
Spacewalk key: http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015 Red Hat keys: http://www.redhat.com/contact/security-response-team/gpg-keys.html
3. Mirror the res7 SUSE Manager tools repository. This will work whether patches come from SCC or from RH native CDN. SUSE Manager subscriptions include mirroring permissions for the res7 SUSE Manager tools channel. Add it to be sync'd from the SUSE Manager command line like this:
mgr-sync add channels rhel-x86_64-server-7 rhel-x86_64-server-7
4. Once the tools sync is complete, you will need to ensure RHEL base media is there as a custom child channel under this parent as well. If you are using the Expanded Support channels,
On the SUSE Manager Web UI:
- Create the channel in SUSE Manager
Go to "Channels" -> "Manage Software Channels" - > "Create channel" and fill the basic channel details.
Best practice is to make it a child channel to the corresponding RH distribution/architecture channel from Customer Center. The parent channel will have zero packages.
- Modify your activation key to include this new child channel.
Working with the ISO
On the CLI of SUSE Manager as root:
- Copy the ISO to your SUSE Manager server in /tmp
- Create a directory:
# mkdir -p /srv/www/htdocs/pub/rhel
- mount the iso:
# mount -o loop /tmp/name_of_iso /srv/www/htdocs/pub/rhel
- Start spacewalk-repo-sync:
# spacewalk-repo-sync -c your_channel_name -u https://127.0.0.1/pub/rhel/ ## Note you may need to use http://suma_server_fqdn/pub/rhel Repo URL: https://127.0.0.1/pub/rhel/Server/ Packages in repo: 3690 Packages already synced: 0 Packages to sync: 3690 1/3690 : texlive-latex-2007-57.el6_2-0.x86_64 2/3690 : boost-filesystem-1.41.0-18.el6-0.i686 3/3690 : policycoreutils-newrole-2.0.83-19.39.el6-0.x86_64 [...]
- After the end of the synchronization, you will be able to manipulate this channel as a regular SUSE Manager channel.
Create/edit your bootstrap script to correctly reflect the following:
# can be edited, but probably correct (unless created during initial install): # NOTE: ACTIVATION_KEYS *must* be used to bootstrap a client machine. ACTIVATION_KEYS=1-centos7 ORG_GPG_KEY=res.key,RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6,suse-307E3D54.key,suse-9C800ACA.key,RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015 FULLY_UPDATE_THIS_BOX=0 yum clean all # Install the prerequisites yum -y install yum-rhn-plugin rhn-setup
Add these lines to the very bottom of your script, (just before echo “-bootstrap complete -” )
# This section is for commands to be executed after registration mv /etc/yum.repos.d/Cent* /root/ yum clean all chkconfig rhnsd on chkconfig osad on service rhnsd restart service osad restart