Novell Client for Linux
Welcome to the Novell Client for Linux Wiki!!
As already mentioned on the wiki main page, please feel free to join in. You can read anything in here without logging in, but if you feel like commenting on something, or starting a new topic, you'll need to use a Novell Login account (which you'll be prompted to create if you don't already have one). If you are unfamiliar with using Wiki's in general, please visit Novell Wiki or the grandaddy wiki info site www.wiki.org for some background info.
Novell Client for Linux tips & tricks
- Install Public Beta 1.2 on SLED 10
Make sure that you installed the packages kernel-source, gcc and make before trying to install the client.
- Login scripts work but do not seem to honor IF/THEN logic, such as "if member of group.o then map.."
- Drives map under the users /home directory, and use drive letters as set in the login scripts (so if you have a line in the script like MAP J:=SERVER/VOLUME:, then the user will see ~/J
- The client may need a system reboot in order to complete installation
- The client does not work on SUSE 64-bit installations
Novell resources for the Novell client for Windows
- Novell Client Product pages
- Novell Client Support pages
- Open Enterprise Server Cool Solutions
- Novell Linux Desktop Cool Solutions
- SUSE Linux Cool Solutions