GroupWise Mobile Server Uncertified Devices Known to Work
GroupWise Mobile Server: "Uncertified" Devices Known to Work
Novell and Intellisync have provided a list of officially supported devices as of GroupWise Mobile Server version 2, dated 7 March, 2007. If you are not running GroupWise Mobile Server 2, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to obtain the latest device support. The information below pertains to GMS 2 only.
Are you running GroupWise Mobile Server on a device or platform not listed? Is the specific mobile device you are looking for not shown on that list? You can assist by generating and maintaining a list of devices that you have tested and know work on GroupWise Mobile Server in your environment. Please login and edit this page to list your experiences.
Official and Unofficial Platform and Device Support
All Platforms and Devices that are officially supported have an "*" next to them. All others are unofficial as of GMS 2.
Please note - some of the "certified" devices need new firmware or device specific changes in order to work properly. Those are noted in the [Almost Working] section below.
- Palm Treo 650*, 680*, 700p*, 700w*, 700v*, 750v*, T|X (PalmOS5), LifeDrive
- Cingular 8125 (Windows Mobile 5)*
- Cingular 3125 (Windows Mobile 5)* but will not work with a wildcard SSL certificate on the server. Not sure if this problem is specific to the phone or Windows Mobile 5.
- Cingular Blackjack
- HP iPAQ 2215*, 6315*, 6316*, h1940*, rw6815, hw6915, rz 1710, rx1950, h4100, h6340, hx4700, hx2490, hw6510d,
- HTC Harrier, Apache and Hymalaya
- Orange SPV C600 (Windows Mobile 5) & C500 & M3100
- i-mate JAMin
- i-mate KJAM
- i-mate JASJAR
- Qtek S200 (Windows Mobile 5)
- Qtek 9100 (Windows Mobile 5), Qtek 8310 Smartphone
- All T-Mobile MDA Vario's
- Dell Axim X5 w/PPC2002. Must Upgrade to PPC2003 A05 for it to work.
- Dell Axim X3i If you leave this PPC in the cradle so the wifi doesn't disconnect, Network Push works.
- Samsung i320 Smartphone.
- vodafone VPAcompactII (Windows Mobile 5)
- Motorola Q
- Nokia 3230*, 6300*, 6600*, 6620*, 6630*, 6680*, 6681*, 6682*, 7610*, 7610b*, 9300*, 9300i*, 9500*, E50*, E61*, E61i*, E62*, E65*, N70*, N73*, N80*, N90*
- HTC P3300
- HTC P3600
- Dopod D810
- ppc - 6700 sprint
- Acer n300, n310
- Nokia 5140i
- Nokia E61-1(Symbian 9.1) - needs v3 firmware and GMS v2 client
- Nokia E60 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software. Works with version 8 of the client, but slows the phone down/memory hog & requires password before getting mail. Require latest firmware - 2.0618.06.05
- Nokia E50 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia E70-1(Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N71 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N73 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N80 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
The above software has a bug for some phones "Mail sent from Symbian based phones to any recipient is delivered as posted mail into senders mailbox". See https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/783/3745710_f.SAL_Public.html
- Sony Ericsson w810i with SyncML
- Sony Ericsson K700i syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- Sony Ericsson P990i syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- Nokia 5500 Sport in SyncML 1.1 mode syncs contacts but not calendar.
- Nokia 6233 syncs contacts with SyncML but not calendar.
- Sony Ericsson K610i syncs contacts and tasks with SyncML but not calendar.
- Sierra Wireless VOQ (Windows SmartPhone 2003) - Syncs e-mail and calender via T-Mobile T-Zones WAP Proxy.
- Sony Ericsson W700i syncs calendar & tasks with SyncML.
- Sony Ericsson T630 syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- The Motorola E815 is listed as a supported device, however all you can do is send text messages to it. I could have done that without the Mobile server. (This may be a GMS1 comment - can anyone confirm that this is a problem with GMS2?)
- MOTORAZR V3m by Motorola from Sprint not working with GMS
- LG LX550 Fusic appears to allow login but next page is blank.
- The HTC TyTn works with the first client version and Intellisync Mobile Suite 2 server install. It won't work with the Intellisync Mobile Suite client 2.