GroupWise Mobile Server Uncertified Devices Known to Work
GroupWise Mobile Server: "Uncertified" Devices Known to Work
Novell and Intellisync have provided a list of officially supported devices as of GroupWise Mobile Server version 2, dated 7 March, 2007. If you are not running GroupWise Mobile Server 2, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to obtain the latest device support. For ease of reference, we have duplicated the "supported and certified platforms and devices" in this wiki. When in doubt, please reference the officially supported devices page referenced above. For this wiki, all Platforms and Devices that are officially supported or certified will have an "*" next to them. All others are unofficial as of GMS 2.
Community Feedback for Device Support
Are you running GroupWise Mobile Server on a device or platform not listed? Is the specific mobile device you are looking for not shown on this list? You can assist by generating and maintaining a list of devices that you have tested and know work on GroupWise Mobile Server 2 in your environment. Please login and edit this page to list your experiences. For technical support on GroupWise Mobile Server it is recommended that you visit the support newsgroup rather than leaving comments in the discussion portion of this wiki.
Official and Unofficial Platform and Device Support
Please note: Any "supported or certified" device or platform indicates that these will "work" with GroupWise Mobile Server. Various devices will have limitations as to what functions are available for GMS. Also, many devices will require additional data plan coverage, SMS coverage, Brew or SyncML clients provided by the carriers, etc. that may result in additional charges by the carriers. If you know of specific limitations for devices, please list them in the Almost Working section below.
- Nokia S40: 3rd edition*
- Palm OS: 5.2 and higher*
- Symbian S60: 2nd* & 3rd ed.*
- Symbian S80: 2nd edition*
- Symbian UIQ: 2* & 3*
- Windows Mobile 2003*, 5.0*
- Windows 2000* and XP*
Please note - some of the "certified" devices need new firmware or device specific changes in order to work properly. Those are noted in the Almost Working section below.
- Acer n300, n310
- AudioVox XV6700*, SMT5600*
- Cingular 8125*, 3125*, Blackjack
- Dell Axim X5 w/PPC2002. Must Upgrade to PPC2003 A05 for it to work.
- Dell Axim X3i If you leave this PPC in the cradle so the wifi doesn't disconnect, Network Push works.
- Dopod D810
- HP iPAQ 2215*, 6315*, 6316*, h1940*, rw6815, hw6915, rz 1710, rx1950, h4100, h6340, hx4700, hx2490, hw6510d,
- HTC Harrier, Apache and Hymalaya
- HTC P3300
- HTC P3600
- i-mate JAMin
- i-mate KJAM
- i-mate JASJAR
- Motorola A1000*, M1000*, MPX220*, Q*
- Nokia 3230*, 6300*, 6600*, 6620*, 6630*, 6680*, 6681*, 6682*, 7610*, 7610b*, 9300*, 9300i*, 9500*, E50*, E61*, E61i*, E62*, E65*, N70*, N73*, N80*, N90*
- Orange SPV C600 (Windows Mobile 5) & C500 & M3100
- Palm Treo 650*, 680*, 700p*, 700w*, 700v*, 750v*, T|X (PalmOS5), LifeDrive
- Qtek S200 (Windows Mobile 5)
- Qtek 9100 (Windows Mobile 5), Qtek 8310 Smartphone
- Samsung SCH-i600*, SCH-i730*, SCH-i830*, i320
- Sharp W-ZERO3*, WS003SH*
- Sony Ericsson K610i*, K800i*, M600i*, P900*, P910a*, P910i*, P990i*
- Sprint ppc - 6700
- All T-Mobile MDA Vario's
- Vodafone 702NK*, VPAcompactII (Windows Mobile 5)
- Cingular 3125 (Windows Mobile 5)* but will not work with a wildcard SSL certificate on the server. Not sure if this problem is specific to the phone or Windows Mobile 5.
- HTC TyTn works with the first client version and Intellisync Mobile Suite 2 server install. It won't work with the Intellisync Mobile Suite client 2.
- Nokia 5140i
- Nokia 5500 Sport in SyncML 1.1 mode syncs contacts but not calendar.
- Nokia 6233 syncs contacts with SyncML but not calendar.
- Nokia E61-1(Symbian 9.1) - needs v3 firmware and GMS v2 client
- Nokia E60 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software. Works with version 8 of the client, but slows the phone down/memory hog & requires password before getting mail. Require latest firmware - 2.0618.06.05
- Nokia E50 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia E70-1(Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N71 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N73 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
- Nokia N80 (Symbian 9.1) only with "S60V3" Software.
The above software has a bug for some phones "Mail sent from Symbian based phones to any recipient is delivered as posted mail into senders mailbox". See https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/783/3745710_f.SAL_Public.html
- Sierra Wireless VOQ (Windows SmartPhone 2003) - Syncs e-mail and calender via T-Mobile T-Zones WAP Proxy.
- Sony Ericsson w810i with SyncML
- Sony Ericsson K700i syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- Sony Ericsson P990i syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- Sony Ericsson K610i syncs contacts and tasks with SyncML but not calendar.
- Sony Ericsson W700i syncs calendar & tasks with SyncML.
- Sony Ericsson T630 syncs calendar, tasks and contacts with SyncML.
- The Motorola E815 will only send text messages to it.(This may be a GMS1 comment - can anyone confirm that this is a problem with GMS2?)
- MOTORAZR V3m by Motorola from Sprint not working with GMS
- LG LX550 Fusic appears to allow login but next page is blank.
"*" Indicates a supported platform or device. Any device not containing an "*" after it is unsupported, though it may work.
Back to GroupWise