Expanded Support Kickstart
Kickstart installations with expanded support media and suse manager
In this Article we will describe HOWTO implement a kickstart installation based on RHEL 6 Update 6 (Current RHEL version is RHEL6.7) with SUSE Manager. During kickstart phase we will only need the installation media without any sles expanded support channels or any cloned channels, because we would run into package dependency problems. After the kickstart installation we will register a kickstarted node a filled sles expanded support channel.
We assume that you fulfilled the following requirements:
- You have obtained a SUSE SLES Expanded Support Media
- You have created a cloned tree for RHEL ES 6 Update 6 basing on "RHEL x86_64 Server 6" including the Suse Manager Tools Channel
1. Create a new empty channel that is matching your distribution (e.g. SLES-ES-6.6_x86_64). Choose "Parent Channel" = "None" and "Architecture" = "x86_64"
2. Create a new Distribution, provide the following information:
a) Label = e.g. SLES-ES-6.6-x86_64_Distro
b) Base Channel = "The Channel you created in 1)"
c) Tree Path = "/mnt/mounted_SLES_ES_DVD"
d) Installer Generation = "RedHat Enterprise Linux 6"
3. Create a new activation Key and refer to a cloned channel (see requirements)
4. Create a new auto installation profile and provide:
a) Base Channel = "Channel from Point 1"
b) Kickstartable tree = "Distribution from Point 2"
c) Activation Key = "Key from Point 3"