Expanded Support Kickstart
Kickstart installations with expanded support media and suse manager
In this Article we will describe HOWTO implement a kickstart installation based on RHEL 6 Update 6 (Current RHEL is RHEL6.7) with SUSE Manager.
We assume that you fulfilled the following requirements:
- You have obtained a SUSE SLES Expanded Support Media
- You have created a cloned tree for RHEL ES 6 Update 6 basing on "RHEL x86_64 Server 6" including the Suse Manager Tools Channel
1. Create a new empty channel that is matching your distribution (e.g. SLES-ES-6.6_x86_64). Chose "Parent Channel" = "None and "Architecture" = x86_64
2. Create a new Distribution, provide the following information:
a) Label = e.g. SLES-ES-6.6-x86_64_Distro b) Base Channel = "The Channel you created in 1)" c) Tree Path = "/mnt/mounted_SLES_ES_DVD" d) Installer Generation = RedHat Enterprise Linux 6
3. Create a new activation Key and refer to a cloned channel (see requirements)
4. Create a new auto installation profile and provide:
a) Base Channel = "Channel from Point 1"
b) Kickstartable tree = "Distribution from Point 2"
c) Activation Key = "Key from Point 3"