ZAM Custom Reports
ZAM (ZENworks Asset Management), Novells better-half to the original ZENworks Desktop Inventory, makes inventory reporting easy.
Creating inventory reports in ZAM is broken into a subcategory called custom reports. From this category you can build, export, and import custom reports.
- Reports that other people have created, like Here
This page will hopefully be a resource holding ideas related to ZAM custom reports.
Creating a Custom Report
Custom inventory reports are made available via the Webconsole. This makes it easy for viewing by management or other non-technical staff.
- Login to the ZAM web console - You can do this by launching the WebConsole from the ZAM Manager, by clicking on the globe icon , or by going to the following url http://your_server_IPorDNS:8080/rtrlet/rtr?act=network.Login
- Click on the "Reports Inventory | Usage" tab
- Expand the "Custom Reports" Folder
- Select the folder that your report should go under
Example, if you were to create a report, reporting workstations with the ZDM Agent. Then you would select the "SW Applications" folder.
- Select "New Report" from the bottom of the WebConsole
- Select the type of report. This example will be for reporting workstations with the ZENworks ADM Agent
- Provide a name for the report
- Select the "Workstations" radio button
- Select the "Product Filtering" radio button
- Select Continue
- Customize the report
- Columns to display, Remove all columns from the Displayed list box, but Machine Name
- Add to the criteria fields by clicking on the "plus" button as here
- Select "Product Manufacturer" for the "Field" column
- Leave the operator as "="
- Set the value to "Novell"
- Add a third Criteria row and set the values to "Product Name" "=" "ZDM Application Management Agent"
- Save the report.
Importing Custom Reports
- On the Reports Inventory/Usage page or the Network Discovery page, choose the Custom Reports link.
- At the bottom of the page, choose Import Custom Report Definition.
- Browse to the downloaded XML file and choose to Import.
- The newly imported report will appear underneath an Imported folder
- (optional) If desired, click the report link and choose Edit at the bottom of the page to move the report to another folder.