Welcome to the Security Manager Wiki!!
As already mentioned on the wiki main page, please feel free to join in. You can read anything in here without logging in, but if you feel like commenting on something, or starting a new topic, you'll need to use a Novell Login account (which you'll be prompted to create if you don't already have one). If you are unfamiliar with using Wiki's in general, please visit Novell Wiki or the grandaddy wiki info site www.wiki.org for some background info.
Novell Security Manager is an OEM version of Astaro Security Gateway.
Astaro Security Gateway software (formerly Astaro Security Linux) is an award-winning, unique network security solution in an integrated and easy-to-use and manage package. It includes a combination of the following security applications:
- Spyware Protection blocks incoming spyware, adware and other malicious applications, and prevents them from sending out confidential information.
- Virus Protection for the Web defends computers against virus infections from web downloads and web-based email.
- Content Filtering can block Internet access to 60 categories of web sites during working hours.
- Virus Protection for Email catches viruses in SMTP and POP3 emails and attachments, even in compressed and archived formats.
- Spam Protection uses eight different techniques to filter out spam without stopping legitimate emails.
- Phishing Protection blocks emails from criminals trying to trick users into revealing confidential information.
- Intrusion Protection detects and blocks probes and application-based attacks using heuristics, anomaly detection, and pattern-based techniques.
- Firewall, with stateful packet inspection and application-level proxies, guards Internet communications traffic in and out of the organization.
- Virtual Private Network assures secure communications with remote offices and Ã¢â‚¬Å“road warriorsÃ¯Â¿Â½?.
V6.2 for BorderManager Migration
Helpful page here: http://nsm-wiki.astaro.com