SUSE Manager/Custom channel and repo
Create a Custom Channel with Your own repo
You may have your own content - rpm's you control - that you wish to add as a child channel to your managed systems. Here is a primer on making that happen. You can choose your own channel name, parent channel, and architecture. This example adds a new custom child channel to SLES12SP3 x86_64
Create the channel
From the web interface of your SUSE Manager server, Select 'Software -> Manage Software Channels'
- On the right, click on the 'create new channel' link
- Give the channel a name 'My Tools SLES 12 SP3 x86_64', and the label 'my-tools-sles12sp3-x86_64'
- Choose the parent channel 'SLES12-SP3-Pool for x86_64' from the drop-down.
- Select 'x86_64' from the Channel Architecture drop-down.
- In the Channel Summary box, type 'My Tools SLES 12 SP3 x86_64'
- At the bottom of the page, click on 'Create Channel'
Create the repository
From the menu column, click on 'Manage Repositories'.
- On the upper right, choose 'create new repository'
- In the 'Repository Label' box type 'my-tools-sles12sp3-x86_64-repo'
- In the URL box, put the location of your folder that contains the yum folder 'repodata'. You can use any valid protocol to address it. For example:
- Uncheck the 'Has Signed Metadata' box, and click the 'Create Repository' button
Sync the content in your newly created repository
In the web UI:
- Select Channels, Manage Software Channels, select the 'My Tools SLES 12 SP3 x86_64' channel
- On the right, select Repositories. Check the box next to the "client-tools-sles11sp1x86_64" repository, and click on "Update Repositories"
- Click on the word "Sync", and you can schedule a sync or simply click "Sync Now"
Assign your channel via Activation Key
From the menu column, select Systems -> Activation Keys
- Edit your Activation Key(s), and select the 'My Tools SLES 12 SP3 x86_64' from the available Child Channels associated with the key.
- Hold Ctrl to select multiple child channels if desired.
- When finished, click on 'Update Key'
This will properly add your content to newly activated systems.