Data Synchronizer Mobility Setup iPhone3G
Basic instructions on getting your Mobility Pack running on your iPhone/iTouch device:
1. Make sure that your Mobility Pack server is up and running and you have the following information:
- Server address
- Port (if non-standard)
- Whether the server requires a secure connection or not
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Exchange
3. Enter the required information:
- For your email, enter your name (an "@" isn't necessary)
- Leave Domain blank
- Enter your Mobility Pack username
- Enter your Mobility Pack password
- Under description, enter your name
4. Click next. It will prompt you for your server address. Enter your Mobility Pack server address followed by the port if necessary. If no port is listed, the setup will first try on port 443, and then fall back to port 80. If you need to list a port, for example, if your server address is 126.96.36.199 running on port 8443, you would enter: 188.8.131.52:8443
5. Hit next
- If it notifies you that the connection failed it is because your server requires an non-secure connection and the iPhone uses a secure connection by default. You can change this later.
6. Select to sync contacts and calendar items (if you wish for these items to be sync to your device)
- When it prompts you, it is recommended that you choose to leave existing contacts and calendar items on your device.
7. When finish configuring your account, verify that your user settings are correct by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your existing account. Select account info, and verify your settings.
- If your Mobility Pack server requires a non-secure connection, turn ssl OFF.
8. On your iPhone, go to Mail, and navigate to your new account. Syncing should begin -- it may take a few minutes to perform the initial sync and pull down all of your items.