After GroupWise 6.5 upgrade, the multi Calendar does not display properly/correctly.
- GW 6.5 gw656up1e was upgraded to gw 703 hp1
- GW was installed as xorginstall and then upgraded as newuser (both members of Administrators NT group)
- Unable to view calendar
- click on blank calendar GPFs the GroupWise client.
- it was found that about 10% of the workstations did NOT update the c:\novell\groupwise\GWDTCTRL.DLL during the upgrade. Uninstalling the gw 7 client and re-installing the gw 7 client ALWAYS fixed the issue.
- One can use ZENworks to rename GWDTCTRL.DLL so the gw 7 install will force it down.
- Very difficult to duplicate. Tried slamming in corrupted/bad registry from problem workstations.
- compare the working and non-working c:\novell\groupwise directory - AFTER upgrade and observe differences.
Ok, here are the results of my lab.
- I installed the EXACT same gw 65 client as the dll you sent me
- I installed 65 as a user called swinstall
- logged into gw/rebooted
- logged in as a diff. user - called newuser (both users in admin group) and upgraded it to 703 hp1
The install successfully updated this problem dll (gwdtctrl).